My friend is probably looking at that photo and wanting to smack me upside the head. Why? Because I did something that is apparently not done with Serrano ham. I put it in a meal. I’m not too knowledgable on Spanish foods, though I love Spain, and my friend Arkulari *IS* from Spain, so I’ll take her word for it. But good lord was that chicken really good.
It feels like it’s been a while since I’ve done a true food post. Last night’s dinner was pretty delicious and made sans recipe, but I can give you the ingredients and whatnot and you can play around with it.
I started off making the garlic parmesean potatoes. I skimmed a recipe for it, but as Daddy Bee just can’t stand oregano…. I just decided to go with the flow. The bigger chunks ended up a bit underdone, but really, it’s not a Chelle Bee post without something being a bit off, right?
I popped these into the oven at 350F and set out on the chicken. I cut those big, genetically modified chicken breasts into four pieces, then beat the crap out of them with my rolling pin. My actual rolling pin, not my Voss rolling pin. I should bring that sucker back.
Then I did the whole dredging… is it called dredging? Flour, Egg, then a breadcrumb/parm mix. Did I tell you I butterflied (well an attempted butterfly) the chicken as well? So I stuffed it with mozzarella, and in mine… jamon Serrano. I was supposed to use proscuitto, but I was too lazy to go back to the store to get some. I made Daddy Bee’s pork free.
It was an amazingly delicious, yet simple dinner that probably needed a green vegetable. Wonder what I should make tonight.
- 5-6 potatoes of varied size (peeled because Daddy Bee is anti-skin and cut into random cubes)
- 3 tsp of oil (you should probably use olive, but I don’t have that stocked right now)
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup grated parmesean
- Cut potatoes, then toss in oil
- Mix dry stuff
- Take 1/3 and mix with potatoes
- Repeat #3
- Repeat #3, making sure potatoes are coated evenly or well just coated?
- Bake at 350F for 30 min, flip potatoes, then bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Chicken Breast
- Bread Crumbs
- Beat up chicken until it gives you the goods. (I covered it in plastic wrap and used a rolling pin), cut a space for the cheeeeese
- Dredge in flour, then egg, then a mixture of parm/bread crumbs
- Stuff with mozzy and meat
- Bake at 350F for … crap how long did I cook it for? 30-45 minutes? Something like that.
- Plate it up (seriously don’t attempt to eat it off the pan you cooked it in)
- NOM NOM NOM
Enjoy, my friends. Enjoy.